Thursday, May 20, 2010

Microblogging

I have found that microblogging is very interesting and definitely has its uses. I have also learned some insightful information regarding microblogging in education from the articles posted on our forum.

I like the idea of being free to create, write and communicate with social blogging i.e. facebook, twitter. Sharing pictures and stories with others seems like a great way to connect and interact with people who share similar interests.

Engaging students to create and utilize blogging increases participation and enthusiasm. This is what we are all striving for in education. Parents, staff, faculty and students can post comments, questions or concerns via blogging so everyone to see. This will allow for more consistency in the learning process.

The University of the Pacific and Fresno Pacific University utilize a emergency response system that is pretty much a form of blogging. I never thought of an emergency safety system as a means of blogging or social networking.

The convenience of learning at your own pace intrigued me. This is once of reasons I purposely applied for an online education. My work schedule is very demanding and leaves little room to attend classes off campus. With on-line education, I can choose when I want to attend class.

Our athletic training program uses a blog-like program to make announce to staff and students regarding upcoming events, classes and changes in practice time. It has been very helpful in decreasing confusion.

Overall, the use of microgblogging can be very helpful in education. It is just a matter of how and when to utilize it.

1 comment:

  1. I notice that like you, the more comfortable we get with a certain type of technology the easier it gets to post public comments. I like your office view and I can see where microblogging in a college setting would be very effective.

    ReplyDelete